Subject: RE: SPOT image order
From: Adam Minke <[email-masked]>
To: 'Chris DeBeer' <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:59:35 -0600

Hello Chris, 
Although SPOT has a frequent revisit time, the best case scenario is that we
could acquire imagery for three dates during the two month window. This is
due to the inherently cloudy conditions over the Rockies. I would also
strongly recommend using the off-nadir capabilities of the satellite (i.e.,
up to +/- 31º).    

data
Have you talked with Elise Pietroniro yet? She has been ordering SPOT from us through a membership plan. Perhaps your order can be grouped in with
their plan as this would save you some money. If that isn't possible then
the pricing will be based off the attached price list. However, once we
finalize the details I can provide some more savings. I should also mention
that your ROI will easily be covered with a 1/8 scene. 

a
We should schedule the programming as soon as possible. Can you send me shapefile of you ROI or the center coordinates (lat/long)? Could you also
specify the approximate date you would like the multispectral image
acquired.  

joining
It's good to hear from someone at the Center for Hydrology. I'll be the team this fall to study under Dr. Westbrook and Dr. Guo. I'm sure we'll
meet each other soon.

Adam Minke 
Regards,
Technical Services

Alberta Terrestrial Imaging Centre
Ph. (403) 317-9188 ext. 22
Fax. (403) 381-2804
[email-masked]
401, 817 - 4th Ave South
Lethbridge, Alberta
Canada
T1J 0P3
www.imagingcenter.ca

  

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris DeBeer [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 11:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: SPOT image order

Dear Adam,
Our research group at the Centre for Hydrology, University of 
Saskatchewan is interested in obtaining several SPOT images of a small 
watershed in the Rockies near Banff during then months of April and 
May.  I got your contact info from Dr. Masaki Hayashi at the University 
of Calgary, who told me to speak with you to place an order.  Could you 
please forward me the info I will need to proceed with ordering this 
imagery?  Ideally we would like to obtain 3 - 5 panchromatic 5 m 
resolution images over the duration of the snow-melt period, along with 
a 10 m multispectral image towards the end of snow-melt.  The basin is 
roughly 9.4 square kilometers in extent and is located adjacent to and 
North of the Nakiska ski resort in Kananaskis.  We would hope to be able 

to get by with 1/8 scenes if possible.  Thank you for help with this.
Sincerely,

PhD candidate
Chris DeBeer
Centre for Hydrology,
University of Saskatchewan
(306) 966-1483

No virus found in this incoming message.
-- 
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date: 3/22/2007
7:44 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.
-- 
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date: 3/22/2007
7:44 AM